[OS X TeX] aux files with TeXLive-2005

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Dec 29 14:31:19 CET 2006

Le 27 déc. 06 à 19:13, Josep M. Font a écrit :

> It happens to me often when typesetting has been interrupted by an
> important error which, I interpret, has prevented some writing to
> the .aux file to be completed, for instance, so that its
> information becomes inconsistent or unusable. Deleting the .aux
> file always solves it. It does not occur with all kind of errors,
> though. I do not regard this even as a bug.

This happens all the time when the babel package is used, in
particular, and typesetting is aborted before completing. Babel
really needs typesetting to proceed until the very end, whatever the
error (important or not).

For that reason, it's better to end up typesetting properly by typing
either S, R, Q, X or E, rather than just launching a new typeset. In
this way a valid .aux file will be produced before aborting.

See for example <http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2006-
November/026365.html>. There are also the commands \scrollmode,
\nonstopmode and \batchmode, equivalent to pressing S, R and Q,
respectively, in response to any error message.

Bruno Voisin