[OS X TeX] More problems with TexLive2005 vs gwTeX

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Dec 29 14:16:37 CET 2006

Am 29.12.2006 um 14:03 schrieb Eric van der Oord:

> TexLive-2005 doesn't include CM-Super from scratch ?

I think neither the TeX Live i-Packages nor the teTeX based TeX i-
Packages did that. It was an extra. (Could be the TeX Live DVDs are
different – but then: which install option installs them actually?)
And it has some size! Besides, I think it is more reasonable to go
away from CM (Super or not) and migrate to LM. These fonts are
(still) in development (they are "supported") and they come also in
OpenType, which means

	a) they have a regular (standard) encoding
	b) they can be integrated into a modern OS

Other tools can use LM, for example window titles can be in LM, some
other word processor can write in them ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

"We have to expect it, otherwise we would be surprised."