[OS X TeX] lucida fonts problems

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Dec 29 13:02:23 CET 2006

Am 29.12.2006 um 12:36 schrieb Thomas Weiss:

> (1) I would like to typeset my document using the lucida fonts.
> [...]  Or, should I simply try the route proposed in the
> August 6, 2005 posting?

It's probably best to use the latest description. Since there where
so many descriptions about using Lucida and I never bought these
fonts I never took any of these descriptions so serious as to
remember what was written on a particular day (by one or two possible
persons).

> (2) The figures in the original paper were done with Illustrator 6
> [...]

Could be these pages can help you:

http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/WFTPDF/
http://www-texdev.ics.mq.edu.au/WARM/

Adobe Illustrator will only work correctly when the Lucida fonts are
available in a format that Mac OS X accepts and are found in one of
the regular places where Mac OS X (system) fonts are stored:

/Network/Library/Fonts
/Library/Fonts
~/Library/Fonts
(/System/Library/Fonts)

--
Greetings

   Pete

"engineer: a mechanism for converting caffeine into designs"