[OS X TeX] OT: Cocotron

David R. Derbes loki at uchicago.edu
Tue Dec 26 18:45:10 CET 2006

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006, William Adams wrote:

> Has anyone seen this?
>
> http://www.cocotron.org
>
> If I understand things correctly it is a set of tools / modules /
> plug-ins &c. which when installed in xcode will allow it to generate
> a Windows-compatible executable.
>
> Anyone inclined to see how much work TeXshop would require?
>
> William

No. This isn't the place, so I will be brief.

I think 2007 marks the beginning of the end for Windows. There have been a
raft of announcements that the security flaws in Vista are fairly serious,
and businesses are looking very hard and long at what they might realize
in savings should they move to Mac OS X. People who need this or that
Windows app might decide to go via VMWare or Parallels, and Linux is showing
surprising strength recently (vide Red Hat.)

David Derbes, high school physics teacher
University of Chicago Lab Schools