[OS X TeX] iinstaller forgets about itself?

Daniel Becker daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de
Mon Dec 25 11:10:15 CET 2006

Dear list,

I am using Gerben's latest (yesterday) TeX-Installation (texlive
subset). it is installed in /usr/local/gwTeX and everything works
fine. For example, having /usr/texbin set in TeXShop's Preferences
allows me to typeset my documents.

What is disturbing: When I open texlive.ii2, the Pkg Properties Panel
tells me that no installation is found. But I know it is there! When
I go through the whole installation / configuration procedure (expert
mode), the i-package knows what is just done and in the Pkg
Properties Panel it shows "Same as self" under the heading installed.
But after closing and opening the package again, I see "no
installation found".

What might be wrong?

Thanks in adcance, frohe Weihnachten,

daniel