[OS X TeX] Changing the default preview program

Thomas Rike tricycle222 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 25 05:22:05 CET 2006

The unanswered question still is, "Can TeXShop be changed to use
PDFView.app for the pdf output?" In particular, can the "Full-screen"
feature be implemented? The PDFView HomePage says:

  "With the use of PDFSync, you can have PDFView load the document,
and jump to the corresponding page of the line you are editing in
your editor. To do it, all you have to do is set up your editor to
call this script:
PDFView.app/Contents/MacOS/gotoline.sh %line "%pdffile"

I wouldn't know how to set up TeXShop to call this script. I
immediately changed preferences on my Mac so that all .pdf files are
opened with PDFView.app when I Open them, so I can always leave
TeXShop and view the file with PDFView.app, but I am not wise enough
to know if TeXShop can be made to add this "Full-screen" feature or
not without breaking other features. I have been living happily with
TeXShop for a couple of years now, so it is not that important, but I
would add it to the "wish-list" for TeXShop.
Many thanks for TeXShop, the application that I use more than any
other on my Mac. (Not counting Mail and Safari.)

Tom Rike