[OS X TeX] Insert a column

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 04:41:03 CET 2006

Denis Chabot wrote:

> For a complex table, it is sometimes preferable to select the table,
> cut and paste into a text editor, changes the &s to something that
> most spreadsheet will recognize as a field separator (";", ",", tab),
> then cut and paste again in a spreadsheet.

With help from Robertson, I had modified his Tabular to come out as follows:

\begin{tabular}{llll}
& B
& C
& D
\\
& B
& C
& D
\\
& B
& C
& D
\\
& B
& C
& D
\\
\end{tabular}

and I had assumed that this wasn't go over to Excel too easily.

> Once there it is easy to add a column anywhere, maybe even fill it
> with data.
>
> If the spreadsheet you use is Excel,

Excel has Format > Convert Table to Latex but I have never tried it. In
any case, I would rather use

>> Excel2Latex is freeware, that means you can freely use and distribute
>> it.
>> ©1996-2001 by Joachim Marder an

Nevertheless, since the table is only a concordance table, I just used
Robertson's Insert a column macro to add a column—all the way to the
right—and let it be at that.

Grateful regards.
--schremmer