[OS X TeX] TeXShop does not work

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 22 16:16:19 CET 2006

On 22-dec-2006, at 16:11, Arno Kruse wrote:

> This is my first writing to this list, please excuse if my question
> is unreasonable.

There are no unreasonable questions, superfluous is the worst
adjective that can be attached to a question, if the same question
was asked an hour ago.

> I have used Linux and teTeX and switched to Mac. After installing
> TeX (based upon TeX Live) via i-installer TeXShop refuses to work:
> The message:
>
> "/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex konnte
> nicht gefunden werden."
>
> What have I done incorrectly?

Check the preferences of TeXShop, and update them to /usr/texbin/
pdflatex (I think, but you may want to use the terminal with 'which
pdflatex' to confirm that). Resetting to the defaults will not work I
think, as it seems these are the defaults.

Maarten