[OS X TeX] Texshop + Curcuit Macros

Martin Henning martin at easy2design.de
Fri Dec 22 14:26:06 CET 2006

Hi Peter,

On Dec 22, 2006, at 1:46 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> TeX has some \write<number> commands. One of them, \write18{SHELL
> COMMAND}, launches an external shell to do things. In order to
> allow this you need to pass the -shell-escape option to tex.

Thanx for the hint, that already works! Is there documentation about
all this shell stuff? E.g. now  have to compile twice, because the m4/
pic-Compile seems to take place though .tex goes on compiling and
therefore including the already existent (old) version - have to
compile twice to see the actual output. What i'm looking for would be
an option to wait for the shell command to finish... seems to me it
doesn't wait?

As of now it looks like this:

\subsection{Passiver Tiefpaß 1. Ordnung}
\begin{figure}[hbt]
\centering
%m4/pic compile
\write18{m4 /Users/tix/Desktop/CM/pgf.m4 /Users/tix/Desktop/CM/
libcct.m4 ./rc.m4 | dpic -g > rc.tex}
\input rc
\caption{RC-Tiefpaß Meßschaltung}
\label{fig:rct}