[OS X TeX] New i-Package releases (TeX & TeX Support)

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Fri Dec 22 03:46:48 CET 2006

At 1:29 AM +0100 12/22/06, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>People,
>
>- The TeX i-Package (gwTeX 2003-2005 based in part on teTeX,
>tex.ii2) has been updated with warnings that it is deprecated
>
>- The TeX i-Package (gwTeX based on a TeX Live subset, texlive.ii2)
>has been updated

[snip]

>All users of the old gwTeX i-Package, partly based on teTeX are
>asked to change to the new gwTeX i-Package that is based on TeX
>Live. Preferably, uninstall the former TeX i-package (tex.ii2).
>After changing, the TeX Suport can be reinstalled. Please reset the
>i-Packages to default properties after opening en before installing.

So after waiting until the last minute to do this, I uninstall
everything in my former tetex installation (using i-installer).

I chose FULL install.

Everthing looked ok until the configure stage at which point I get
the following messages:

### texlive.configure: Started...
### texlive.configure: I have found /usr/local/gwTeX. No migration necessary.
### texlive.configure: System wide configuration, pre-TL2005-style.
### texlive.configure: /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.local does not exist. Creating.
### texlive.configure: /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.pkgs does not exist. Creating.
### texlive.configure: /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.cnf does not exist.
Creating default.
### texlive.configure: /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg does
not exist. Creating default.
### texlive.configure: /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf/web2c/mktex.cnf does
not exist. Creating default.
### texlive.configure: Installing an X11-safe tl2006 fmtutil.cnf.
### texlive.configure: Files may have been added during install, the
index needs updating. Please wait....

Contents of package "TeX Live (subset) i-Package" error view:

### texlive.selector: Finished...
### texlive.prepare: Finished.
ln:
/Library/TeX/Distributions/.FactoryDefaults/TeXLive-2004/Contents/Doc/texmf-local-doc/:
No such file or directory
ln:
/Library/TeX/Distributions/.FactoryDefaults/TeXLive-2005/Contents/Doc/texmf-local-doc/:
No such file or directory
ln:
/Library/TeX/Distributions/.FactoryDefaults/TeXLive-2006/Contents/Doc/texmf-local-doc/:
No such file or directory
texlive.configure: Installing texdist...
TeXDistPrefPane.prefPane/
TeXDistPrefPane.prefPane/Contents/
TeXDistPrefPane.prefPane/Contents/Info.plist
TeXDistPrefPane.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/
TeXDistPrefPane.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/DefaultTeXDistLinker
TeXDistPrefPane.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/GetSourceVersion
TeXDistPrefPane.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/TeXDistPrefPane

[a whole bunch like this deleted for brevity]

TeXDistTool.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/TeXDistTool.nib/
TeXDistTool.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/TeXDistTool.nib/classes.nib
TeXDistTool.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/TeXDistTool.nib/info.nib
TeXDistTool.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/TeXDistTool.nib/keyedobjects.nib
TeXDistTool.app/Contents/Resources/TeXDistDocument.icns
TeXDistTool.app/Contents/Resources/TeXDistTool.icns
### texlive.configure: fmtutil.cnf does not contain TL2004 structure.
### texlive.configure: I cannot locate the kpsewhich program. If this
cannot be found, configuration is impossible. I will bail out...

And so installation fails.

>Please set i-Installer's log level to 4 before installation and when
>there are problems, send me the report.

I don't know how to do this.  There doesn't seem to be a setting for
this.  But I mailed the report from within i-installer.

What did I do wrong?

Alan

--
Alan Munn                                                   amunn at msu.edu