[OS X TeX] latex+dvips+ps2pdf Re: [macemacsjp-english 796] Re: emacs/latex problem (fwd)

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Thu Dec 21 23:19:50 CET 2006

I've sent the following problem to the macemacsjp-english people and now
to you, just in case.

Here is my unsuccessful attempt to create a common command latex+dvips+ps2pdf,
which is with the only purpose to get latex running on files that depend of
pstrics drawings (which does not work with pdflatex) and  then the final pdf
file opened with Preview. Hope for help.

I've tried something similar to what Pete suggested for his command
XeLaTeX & xdvipfmx:

1. I opened LaTeX -> Customize AUCTex -> Brows Options
2. I pressed the button Tex Command group -> Tex Command List Show Value
3. I press INS to create the new command and entered:

INS DEL Name: latex+dvips
             Command: latex -output-driver='%(o?)dvips %d -o %f' "%(mode)\input
%t"
             How: Value Menu TeX-run-TeX
             Create a process for NAME using COMMAND to format FILE with TeX.
             Prompt: Toggle  off (nil)
             Modes: Value Menu Set:
             [ ] Plain TeX
             [X] LaTeX