[OS X TeX] xdvipdfmx with xelatex

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Dec 21 23:19:20 CET 2006

On 21 Dec 2006, at 10:09 pm, Philipp Mathey wrote:

> I found that using xdvipdfmx instead of xdv2pdf with
> xelatex speeds up typesetting enough to be
> an interesting alternative.

Yes, it's a lot faster in most cases. There are some differences in
behavior, though (related to color and graphics handling, for
example), so it may not always be a good alternative.

> However, some
> glyphs, e.g. in mathcal (eucal) symbols in subscripts,
> are not displayed correctly.
> Maybe that's a known issue ?

Not known to me, at least. Can you provide a minimal test file that
demonstrates the issue?

If you try the same test with latex + dvipdfmx, do you see the same
problem?

JK