[OS X TeX] Insert a column

Chris Goedde cgoedde at condor.depaul.edu
Thu Dec 21 20:05:04 CET 2006

On Dec 21, 2006, at 12:51 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> Is there a way (other than by hand) to insert a new column in a 9
> column table (with a couple of hundred rows) that is already partly
> filled-in?

Do you have excel? My first thought is to paste the body of the table
into a plain text file, import that file into excel (making the right
choices in the import wizard), adding a column or two in excel, then
re-exporting. That may or may not work depending on the contents of
your table.

Someone really good a sed or awk (not me!) could probably write a
small script to do this as well, again depending on the table contents.

Some editors allow a "column" selection that could also work. BBEdit
might do this; I'm not sure.

Chris