[OS X TeX] Assorted issues with i-installed setup, or, "huuh?...aHA!"

Jonathon Swiderski jonathon.swiderski at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 05:11:16 CET 2006

On 12/14/06, Gerben Wierda <Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl> wrote:
> On Dec 13, 2006, at 16:06 , Jonathon Swiderski wrote:
>
> > TEXMFMAIN=/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf
> > TEXMF=/usr/share/texmf
>
> This overrides settings in /usr/local/teTeX/texmf.cnf. Remove those
> form your environment.

yep, once i found 'em all, that seems to have done it.  thanks, to you
and to Pete.

(my shell .rc files were copied over from my previous (Windows)
machine, which had a similar issue for which creating those variables
was the suggested solution. . . which, as you can imagine, didn't work
too well.  i never figured out what the actual problem was, but seeing
as i fully intend to wipe the drive and put a new system on it as soon
as i get a few more tuits of the proper geometry, i don't much care
anymore, either.)

Jonathon Swiderski -- jonathon.swiderski at gmail.com
"America believes in education: the average professor earns more money
in a year than a professional athlete earns in a whole week." --- Evan
Esar