[OS X TeX] (TeXShop) menu shortcut key Typeset is broken ?

Steffen Wolfrum osxtex_2 at st.estfiles.de
Fri Dec 15 09:32:04 CET 2006

[Apologies for the patchwork below. I just tried to collect all
available information regarding this topic in order to come one step
further]

Hi Richard,
hi Peter, Herb, Bruno and all involved,

Am 15.12.2006 um 01:01 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

> Am 14.12.2006 um 14:28 schrieb Steffen Wolfrum:
>

>>> May be a conflict
>>> isn't the key combination @Y already used for another purpose,
>>> either in the main or macro menu.
>>> Try entring @Y and see what happens
>>

>> No, that's why I have chosen @Y: It is not used at all!
>> But you can also chose any other combination, same result: Command-
>> T vanishes and "Typeset" stays empty, no other shortcut possible
>> than Command-T.
>
> Have you looked at ~/Library/TeXShop/Menus/KeyEquivalents.plist? I
> think this file is meant to contain particular key bindings. I've
> added to ~/Library/Preferences/TeXShop.plist Ctrl based key
> bindings to browse page-wise through PDF documents – the same key
> bindings also work in Preview. I don't remember how I achieved
> this ...

Unfortunately not, have a look at this:

> Am 21.11.2006 um 15:30 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
>

>> On Nov 21, 2006, at 8:15 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>>

>>> IIRC, editing the KeyEquivalents.plist in your home directory
>>> (i.e. at ~/Library/TeXShop/Menus/KeyEquivalents.plist) won't
>>> work, but editing the one within the TeXShop application itself
>>> (i.e. /Applications/TeXShop.app/Contents/Resources/TeXShop/Menus/
>>> KeyEquivalents.plist) might work.
>>>

>> I don't think that will work; I believe the one inside TeXShop is
>> simply the default file placed in ~/Library/TeXShop/Menus/.
>>

> You are right, I just checked this.

[Quotation end]

>> This is real hard-coded, isn't it?
>
> If so, then in a .nib file inside the application's bundle. And
> then it can be edited with Interface Builder ...

I remember Herb once mentioned this .... but I don't dare to:

Am 21.11.2006 um 15:30 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
> If you've got the Development Tools you could edit the MainMenu.nib
> file inside the TeXShop application but that is kind of extreme. It
> would be nicer if the KeyEquivalents.plist method was fixed. I
> think work has been done on this but will have to wait until the
> next release of TeXShop (when?) and Richard Koch is busy with the
> transition to TeXLive from teTeX right now. It's always something :-)!
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz

Richard help!!

Steffen