[OS X TeX] slightly off-topic: Acrobat Reader 8

Alessandro Andretta alessandroandretta at mac.com
Thu Dec 14 09:52:59 CET 2006

I found the new Acrobat Reader 8 *very* buggy. When reading the
VisualFAQ.pdf by Scott Pakin,
certain fonts are missing. (The same file looks perfect with Acrobat
Reader 7, or with Preview).
Last night I was reading the "Tex Freak" e-talk by Victor Ivrii (by
the way, Victor: EXCELLENT
presentation, both in forma AND content!!) and the annoying pop-up
cameout saying:
"this document is trying to connect to CTAN" -Then the mouse
disappeared from the screen,
and since I could not click on "Accept", the machine stood in perfect
isolation until the screen
saver kicked-in, and I could resume using my machine.
I use two iMac G5 and a PowerBook, system 10.4.8 international
English. A colleague of mine,
using an Intel iMac system 10.4.8 in Italian is experiencing an even
weirder problem: when he
prints a paper with Acrobat Reader 8, every now and then the page is
printed from right to left,
as if it was reflected in a mirror (e.g. my name would appear as
ordnasselA)

Has anyone else noticed these abnormal behaviours?

Cheers,

	--aa