[OS X TeX] Slightly OT gmail problem

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 12:32:37 CET 2006

On 12/13/06, Paul Vickers <eattheword at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I just started using Thunderbird to access my OS X TeX emails as it
> handles thread hierarchies properly (unlike mail.app).

I disagree with you here

> I use gmail to
> interact with the list. However, I have noticed that now my own posts
> don't seem to get downloaded. I can seem them in the gmail webmail
> interface,

because they are in "Sent" mailbox and Gmail shows them if you are
reading messages responding to them

> but can't see them when I use Tbird to download them via pop.

because they are in "Sent" mailbox not in "Inbox"

> Anyone else experienced this? If so, any solution?

1) I believe that the list server by default sends message to everyone
but the poster and you can change this (I am too lazy to check)

2) Or send a copy to yourself