[OS X TeX] Re: [OS X TeX]

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 17:10:03 CET 2006

On 12/11/06, Themis Matsoukas <matsoukas at psu.edu> wrote:
> On Dec 11, 2006, at 9:33 AM, Christopher Menzel wrote:
>
> > A: Because it interrupts the natural flow of a conversation.
> >
> > Q: Why should one avoid top-posting?
> >
> > :-)
>
> I always took exception with the logic of this pop argument --not
> with the principle of top posting itself, but with the specific
> argument that is used to justify it: if the human brain can resolve
> the inverted A/Q puzzle so easily, the "unnatural" flow of
> conversation (from A to Q) is no impediment to communication.
>
> Themis

I suspect that it is actually a test: if the poster cannot learn not
to top-post then probably the reader who can read the unnatural flow
should not bother to read since he/she is probably more smarter than
the poster :-).

More seriously, question proceeds the answer. Sure one can read in any
random order but it requires a bit more efforts and time and the
poster should try to spare the readers time rather than his/her own
since there are many readers of each post but just one poster.