[OS X TeX] TeXshop

Daniel Becker daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de
Fri Dec 8 02:03:25 CET 2006

> After reading the whole thread about Gerben's discontinuation of
> support for TeXshop (I share everyone's dismay about Gerben's
> departure and thank him profusely for his efforts) and the
> migration to TeXLive, it remains unclear to me what happens to the
> TeXshop text editor. I find the editor to be very useful
> particularly the feature that  allows one to click on the pdf
> document and get sent to the appropriate text in the .tex file. Is
> the text editor also part of the TeXLive distribution? If not, what
> is the future, if any, of the text editor? Is there an alternative
> editor that the readers of this list can recommend?

Dear Raul,

Texshop as an Editor for .tex files can be used with any TeX-
Distribution. The fact that Gerben Wierda decided to take a break
does not really mean anything more with respect to TeXshop or any
editor than that you need to adjust a few things in the preferences.
I am sure everything necessary will be announced here on the list and
on the TeXShop website etc. An alternative is
itexmac.sourceforge.net , but there are others.

Daniel