[OS X TeX] %!TEX TS-program = tex

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Dec 6 03:19:44 CET 2006

On Dec 5, 2006, at 5:53 PM, Talal Al-Azem wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Funny, because I just had that same problem today, only with
> putting %!Tex TS-program=xelatex. I didn't have a problem running
> the xelatex typesetting, but I did have a problem getting BibTex to
> work from within TexShop, and could figure out why...until it
> crossed my mind to erase that line from the preamble. So watch out
> for it not just in the TeX/LaTeX command, but also when running
> other elements as well. I think it's better to just have TeXShop
> (or whatever you use) default to a certain system, than to place
> those lines at the top, due to these side effects. Are there any
> situations where such a line should definitely be in the preamble?
>
> Talal

Howdy,

At this time using an external engine file (xelatex is not a built-in
engine---one that appears in the Typeset Menu) seems to take
precedent over the use of any other built-in engine. I usually just
write a complete engine that does what I want at this time.

You might want to try the latexmk ``package'' for TeXShop I put
together since it can run xelatex, bibtex, makeindex and xelatex,
etc., until cross references, etc., are resolved automatically. You
can get it as LatexmkTeXShop.zip from <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2/
 >. See the documentation for a bit more information; the
installation is easy.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)