[OS X TeX] BibDesk

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Mon Dec 4 16:43:56 CET 2006

On Dec 4, 2006, at 10:19 AM, George Gratzer wrote:

> From ealier threads, I know that many of you use BibDesk. Question:
> Can you import math references? Say, I make a search in MathSciNet,
> can I import the resulr?

I haven't used MathSciNet but a quick test says that the answer is yes:

1. Under "Select Alternative Format", choose BiBTeX. This will show
the raw bitex entry for the paper in the browser's window. For example,

@article {MR2256656,
     AUTHOR = {Maass, Alejandro and Mart{\'{\i}}nez, Servet and
Sobottka,
               Marcelo},
    TITLE = {Limit measures for affine cellular automata on topological
               {M}arkov subgroups},
    JOURNAL = {Nonlinearity},
    FJOURNAL = {Nonlinearity},
    VOLUME = {19},
    YEAR = {2006},
    NUMBER = {9},
    PAGES = {2137--2147},
    ISSN = {0951-7715},
    CODEN = {NONLE5},
    MRCLASS = {37Bxx (54H25)},
    MRNUMBER = {MR2256656},
}

2. Copy the bibtex entry

3. Paste on an open bibdesk file.

> Second question:  what other tools do you use to make BiBTeXing
> easier.

For me, BibDesk does it all.

Themis