[OS X TeX] Very (Mac)-specific mpm problem

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Dec 3 17:28:23 CET 2006

Am 03.12.2006 um 16:48 schrieb Alan Munn:

> I'm not sure that I am using the mpm libcurl library.  The relevant
> line of the otool output shows this:
>
> /usr/lib/libcurl.2.dylib (compatibility version 3.0.0, current
> version 3
> .2.0)
>
> which seems to be the system libcurl no?

Yes, that's the system's cURL library! The configure script first
checks whether (/usr/bin/)curl-config exists, and then for some calls
in that library, curl_easy_setopt() and curl_free(). Your version
seems to be a bit old ("compatibility version 4.0.0, current version
4.0.0" is the recent message), but you can check for the two calls:

	nm -pr /usr/lib/libcurl.2.dylib | egrep 'T _curl_(free|easy_setopt)'

It seems that these two calls have to exist in libcurl and also the
script curl-config (i.e.: which curl-config). If you miss them on
Panther, Fink or DarwinPorts might help with a modern libcurl. Or an
update to Tiger ... Mpm simply uses a fall-back: its own version. And
this might be a bit too much optimised for MS Windows where MiKTeX
comes from!

Have you discussed your problem with the mpm developers? They have an
eMail address at least.

--
Greetings

   Pete