[OS X TeX] Very (Mac)-specific mpm problem

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Sun Dec 3 02:15:04 CET 2006

>Am 29.11.2006 um 22:42 schrieb Alan Munn:
>
>>Connecting the same mac directly to the router doesn't solve the problem.
>
>Are there some fire walls active?
>
>Mpm itself is able to use SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol),
>somehow related to HTTP. It uses extra TCP and UDP ports: 605.
>
>Mpm accepts via the switch --trace= a comma separated list, for
>example access,error,fndb,mpm,open,process,tempfile would be a
>reasonable (exhausting) list ...
>
>You can remove one name after the other. The stream name "access"
>means only local disk access. If that's fine, then remove it for the
>next run; "tempfile" also means local creation, deletion, etc. of
>files and/or directories. I think "mpm" is also subordinate,
>probably the libmpm is working OK ...

Hi Pete, thanks for this suggestion.  Here's the last bit of the
trace output, but I don't quite know what to do with it.

Alan

libmpm: going to download:
ftp://indian.cse.msu.edu/pub/mirrors/CTAN/systems/win32/miktex/tm/packages/miktex-zzdb1-2.5.tar.bz2
=> /private/var/tmp/mik43930/miktex-zzdb1-2.5.tar.bz2
core: The MiKTeX function CurlWebFile::ReadInformationals fails for
the following reason:
The cURL easy interface returned error code 8
Info:
Source: CurlWebFile.cpp
Line: 368
core: leaving scratch directory "/var/tmp/mik43930"
mpm: The cURL easy interface returned error code 8

--
Alan Munn                                                   amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics                                   amunn at acm.org