[OS X TeX] where is tex4ht.sty ?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 00:06:17 CET 2006

On 12/2/06, Rene Borgella <macmechanic at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Thanks Alan . . . any suggestions on how to install it?  I looked, and
> have some ideas that I've tried, but they didn't work.  I am sure it is
> something simple.

OK, download and ungzip/untar it (stuffit expander does the job)
Find 4 directories; important are
texmf    content of which should be moved to texmf.local directory in your tree
bin which contains  unix and mac; move contents of  both unix and mac
in the same directory where tex executable binaries are (normally it
is in your path).

Run sudo texhash

Open new terminal window and run  htlatex [possible switches] my.tex

Disclaimer: I am still with tetex distribution regularly updating
packages I use. I am not sure how it will work with switcher

Recently tex4ht went serious expansion (at least in the directory
containing .4ht ``style'' files)
to include support of powerdot.sty and Slidy

HTH