[OS X TeX] where is tex4ht.sty ?

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Sat Dec 2 23:11:24 CET 2006

At 4:58 PM -0500 12/2/06, Rene Borgella wrote:
>Hi All:
>
>I changed from using GW's TeX to GWTeXLive and all seems fine except
>htlatex no longer works for me.  I get a message re. a missing
>tex4ht.sty file.  I can't find it on my hard drive, so I figure I need
>to re-install it or, more likely, it's there but I don't know where?

This was an omission on Gerben's TeXLive version.  (See quoted
message below) For the moment it's probably easiest reinstall it
manually.  Victor recommended installing it from the source site:

http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/bugfixes.html

Alan

At 3:21 PM +0100 11/30/06, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>  > After having installed Gerben's TeXLive version, I tried to compose a
>>  latex document with htlatex. "htlatex" is recognised, but the package
>>  "tex4ht" is  nowhere:
>>
>>  ! LaTeX Error: File `tex4ht.sty' not found.
>>
>>  Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
>>  or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)
>>
>>  Is this normal (is Tex4ht not meant to be installed in GW's TeXLive)?
>
>No, this is an omission. It was not available in basic teTeX and as such
>was not picked up automatically in the move to TeX Live.
>
>I'll correct this later. Thanks for reporting.

Alan Munn
amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824       Tel.  +1-517-355-7491