[OS X TeX] Why I no longer participate actively on this list.

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Dec 1 14:54:56 CET 2006

Le 1 déc. 06 à 14:22, Themis Matsoukas a écrit :

> Whatever one's opinions, the fact is that Claus never lost his cool
> in front of this list and his posts have always been argued on pure
> technical grounds (whether valid grounds or not is beyond the point
> --or my ability to judge). A list such as this ought to be able to
> carry such technical discussions in civil terms, and channel its
> emotions to other threads, about M$ Word, for example.

Yes, there were indeed technical points in Claus' posts, and his
input has been certainly productive. But the formulation of his posts
has been unfortunate of late:

Le 30 nov. 06 à 17:48, Claus Gerhardt a écrit :

> These possible settings make [...] ugly. [...]
>
> Your reservations [...] are insignificant [...]
>
> The structure below indicates that [...] which is ridiculous.

If I were Gerben, I would probably have felt this insulting, not
civil. I think that's what motivated Gerben's heated reaction. That,
and the questioning of his technical competence. Especially given the
insane amount of work Gerben has put into his distributions and his
support of users.

Bruno