[OS X TeX] aid with urlbst on a custom-bib file

Simon Lisney simon at lisney.co.uk
Thu Aug 31 13:51:46 CEST 2006

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the response.

Like I said I tried with and without the % only because it was
included in the examples.

the result of 'which urlbst' in Terminal is;

> Last login: Thu Aug 31 12:02:20 on ttyp1
> Welcome to Darwin!
> Mac-G4:~ simon$ which urlbst
> no urlbst in /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /usr/local/bin /usr/
> local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current
> Mac-G4:~ simon$

Some help with the installation process would help as I think that is
the problem.

>    Download the file urlbst-0.5.1.tar.gz and unpack it.
>
>    The simplest thing to do is to check that the path to the Perl
> binary
>    is correct in the distributed urlbst script, and then copy that
> to a
>    suitable place (such as /usr/local/bin). Then copy the various .bst
>    files somewhere in the BibTeX search path (type kpsepath bst on
> Unix
>    to find out the list of places BibTeX searches).

1. How do I  "check that the path to the Perl binary is correct" ?

2. How do it copy to "/usr/local/bin"  as I can see it in my
directory (alias in Library to teTex/bin/ ?)

3. Do I only copy the 'urlbst' file as the Perl binary. Folder contents;

abbrvurl.bst
alphaurl.bst
configure
configure.ac
Makefile.in
plainurl.bst
README
unsrturl.bst
urlbst
urlbst.html
urlbst.html.in
urlbst.in
urlbst.pdf
urlbst.ps
urlbst.tex
urlbst.tex.in
VERSION

What about 'configure' and urlbst.in which look like binary files too.

4. Do I need to copy the .bst files
abbrvurl.bst
alphaurl.bst
plainurl.bst
unsrturl.bst

to the texmf/bibtex/bst folder even if I do not intend to use them?

Thanks
Simon