[OS X TeX] aid with urlbst on a custom-bib file

Simon Lisney simon at lisney.co.uk
Thu Aug 31 11:53:34 CEST 2006

Hi Norman,

I have tried again to run urlbst on my custom-bib .bst file following
the example you linked to but it
is still not working for me.  Probably something simple.  Here are
the details;

I looked at the example you have included:

> For example:
> % urlbst --eprint bibstyle.bst
> would convert the style file bibstyle.bst, including support for e-
> prints, and
> sending the result to the standard output

I put my .bst file in the same folder as urlbst and dropped the file
onto Terminal in order to get the path.

I omitted the --eprint option for this.  Here is the Terminal

> Last login: Thu Aug 31 11:28:36 on ttyp1
> Welcome to Darwin!
> Mac-G4:~ simon$ % urlbst /Users/simon/Documents/tex/urlbst/graf-
> bib.bst graf-biburl.bst
> -bash: fg: %: no such job
> Mac-G4:~ simon$ urlbst /Users/simon/Documents/tex/urlbst/graf-
> bib.bst graf-biburl.bst
> -bash: urlbst: command not found
> Mac-G4:~ simon$ urlbst /Users/simon/Documents/tex/urlbst/graf-bib.bst
> -bash: urlbst: command not found
> Mac-G4:~ simon$ % urlbst /Users/simon/Documents/tex/urlbst/graf-
> bib.bst
> -bash: fg: %: no such job
> Mac-G4:~ simon$

I also tried with the example from the web page which is slightly
different from the .pdf (it adds the output file with url added) as
you  can see from the above;
> To add URL support to the standard siam.bst file, you can give the
> command
>
> % urlbst /path/to/original/siam.bst siamurl.bst

I tried with and without the %.

I was not sure if the custom-bib .bst file having url entry type
would mean it does not run properly as it says in the web page;
> if either the input-file or the output-file is omitted, they
> default to stdin and stdout respectively. If the input file already
> has a URL entry type, then the script objects.
If you want any other details let me know.

Thanks again for your help.

Simon

ps my system setup is Powermac G4 MDD, 10.4.7.