[OS X TeX] Entering specially formatted items in the index

Alex Scorpan scorpan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 14:01:12 CEST 2006

> But , since showidx seems to work completely independently of
> \makeindex, I assume that this is rather hopeless.

Well, you could make your own showidx-like thing, using \marginpar's
and such.  Won't be as sophisticated or robust as shoidx, but might
just be enough for your needs.  As first draft, I'd try:

	\newcommand\Index[1]{\marginpar{\fbox{#1}}\index{#1}\ignorespaces}

Of course, if you have too many calls to this in a short space, it'll
get messy...

Alex