[OS X TeX] Hyperref question

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 03:48:28 CEST 2006

On 8/27/06, Alan Munn <amunn at msu.edu> wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to make a quick web page using hyperref and htlatex.
> I don't seem to  be getting the links right, however:
>
> If I understand the docs properly, I can set \hyperbaseurl to
> something which will be prefixed on all links.  But when  I do this,
> all of the links remain local.  Am I misunderstanding how this is
> supposed to work?  Here's a minimal document.  No matter what I put
> in \hyperbaseurl the link to foo.pdf is always relative to where the
> html file is.

You don't need \hyperbaseurl.

1) All the automatic links (from \ref{blah} to \label{blah} and so on
are relative.

2) All external links could be made absolute or relative provided they
are to the files on the same server where you will put your folder
produced by htlatex

3) If you introduce \hyperbaseurl all links will work ONLY when you
move your folder to its intended location, indicated by \hyperbaseurl.