[OS X TeX] TeXShop and Sweave

Michael Kubovy kubovy at virginia.edu
Thu Aug 24 15:15:00 CEST 2006

Dear Friends,

I'm using R to process .Rnw files (using the Sweave() function) to
produce .tex file which I compile with TeXShop. When I open a .Rnw
file in TeXShop, the corresponding .pdf is also opened. If I then
open the corresponding .tex file, it too tries to open the .pdf. The
problem I have is the following: If I forget to close the .tex and
all the .pdf files files before opening the modified .tex file (after
running the .Rnw file through R), TeXShop crashes.

When I do this, I typically will go through dozens of runs: edit .Rnw
in TeXShop -> run through R -> open .tex in TeXShop -> compile .tex
in TeXShop. It is possible that multiple episodes of my forgetfulness
are required to produce such a crash. It seems to me that it
generally happens well into such a session. This may mean that I'm
getting careless or that something is gradually getting screwed up
until a last straw breaks the program.

Advice?
_____________________________
Professor Michael Kubovy
University of Virginia
Department of Psychology
USPS:     P.O.Box 400400    Charlottesville, VA 22904-4400
Parcels:    Room 102        Gilmer Hall
         McCormick Road    Charlottesville, VA 22903
Office:    B011    +1-434-982-4729
Lab:        B019    +1-434-982-4751
Fax:        +1-434-982-4766
WWW:    http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mk9y/