[OS X TeX] Re: Issue with Multiple Bibliographies, MacOSX-TeX Digest #1826 - 08/19/06

Matthias Damm macplanet at macnews.de
Tue Aug 22 14:26:37 CEST 2006

Am 22.08.2006 um 13:07 schrieb Simon Lisney:

> The main issue turned out to be the inability of Texshop to deal
> with multiple .bib files when running bibtex.  Therefore I had to
> run bibtex from the Terminal on each of the .bibs manually. Not a
> big issue once I realised this limitation. So far I haven't found a
> way to do this in a single pass.

It's quite easy to extend TeXShop's ability with an .engine file.

I quote a howto I had sent to the list earlier:

Copy the following script to a file and name it BibTopic.engine or
something. This script will automatically call bibdesk correctly.

#!/bin/sh
location=$(dirname "$1")
basefname="${location}/`basename "$1" .tex`"
# process the bibliography
for file in "${location}/${basefname}"?.aux ;
do
     bibtex "${file}"
done

Move this file to ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines
Make it executable ("chmod +x BibTopic.engine" in the Terminal)

After hat, you will see an additional entry in your selection of
engines in TeXShop (unfortunately not in the menu, but in the
corresponding item in the toolbar).

Mail me directly if you need additional information or search the
list's archive, the problem has come up several times.

Best regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Damm
mad at macpla.net
PGP key: http://macpla.net/MatthiasDamm.asc
PGP fingerprint: CED3 6074 7F7D 3148 C6F3  DFF2 05FF 3A0B 0D12 4D41