[OS X TeX] Mac Font Problem with Pdflatex

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at web.DE
Sun Aug 13 23:10:28 CEST 2006

Am 13.08.2006 um 22:42 schrieb Mark Eli Kalderon:

> Thanks, Pete. there is no truetype/ directory under /usr/local/
> teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/fonts/ the only directories are adobe/ afm/
> enc/ map/ tfm/ type1/ and vf/. kpsewhich can't find
> HoeflerText.ttf. I couldn't find it either using locate even after
> updating the locate database.

OK, so it's rather likely that you do not have them converted yet.
Besides Fondu, FontForge is another pre-requisite for the conversion
(fondu extracts if necessary out of the resource fork, fontforge
converts from OT to TT).

Then try to open i-Installer. Maybe you need to switch to expert mode!
In "Configure Only" you should be asked whether you want the Mac
fonts be converted for use in TeX. I get them converted every time I
launch i-Installer ...

If still no success, then you definitely need to make sure that
fontforge is found in /usr/local/bin. If you installed it somewhere
else, you can create a symbolic link /usr/local/bin/fontforge that
points to the right binary. I think the same needs to be true for
fondu. So check this one also. If you don't have it installed now
FontForge can be installed with i-Installer – into the right directory!

If even then no success, you might need TeX and LaTeX i-Packages from
the *Experimental* directory ... could be finally them have the
FontForge scripts to convert OTF to TTF.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but
they've always worked for me."
                                           -- Hunter S. Thompson