[OS X TeX] How to convert eps w/bounding box to pdf retaining Bbox info

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Thu Aug 10 19:11:00 CEST 2006

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 06:38:20PM +0200, Bruno Voisin wrote:
> Le 10 août 06 à 18:02, Siep Kroonenberg a écrit :
>
> >Also have a look at my new epspdf[tk] script:
> >
> >>Announce: epspdf and epspdftk, for
> >>conversion between EPS, generic PostScript and pdf.
> >>
> >>[...]
> >
> >>Download from http://tex.aanhet.net/epspdf/
> >
> >For best results, also install the xpdf suite. The web page lists a
> >binary package for xpdf on osx, but it is easy to compile yourself.
>
> Everytime I try to double-click epspdf.app, Classic is launched (on a

This is really odd.

> PowerBook G4, with OS X 10.4.7). I have xpdf installed through
> DarwinPorts in /opt/local/bin.
>
> The installation instructions on OS X are a bit terse. As far as I
> understood, you simply need to put the epspdf folder somewhere,
> without modifying its content. Right? Do other steps need to be taken?

The program assumes that everything it needs is on the search path.
For the terminal, this is set in .bash_profile, but for other
programs, the environment and search path are set in
$HOME/.MacOSX/environment.plist. So maybe something is wrong there?

I am not absolutely sure how reasonable it is to expect directories
such as /opt/local/bin or /usr/local/bin to be on the search path
via environment.plist.  I might consider adding such directories at
the end of the search path when it runs under osx.

> When I move doc/epspdf.applescript in the same directory as
> epspdf.app, and try to execute it in script editor, I get the error
> message:
>
> sh: line 1: /Applications/AppleScript/epspdftk.rb: No such file or
> directory

The applescript doesn't work from the script editor; the `path to
me' thing only works when epspdf.app is called directly. You can
compile epspdf.applescript in the script editor, and save it as an
application, i.e. as epspdf.app, overwriting the supplied
epspdf.app. Does that work?

--
Siep Kroonenberg