[OS X TeX] dvipng1-8 and SAGE

Thomas Rike tricycle222 at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 9 03:39:45 CEST 2006

On Aug 8, 2006, at 4:50 PM, Martin Costabel wrote:

> Thomas Rike wrote:
> []
>>>
>> Thanks for the help.  I tried presetting the flags as you
>> suggested with and without "kpathsea" but the output is still the
>> same:
>> checking for kpse_set_progname in -lkpathsea... no
>> configure: error: cannot find/use libkpathsea
>
> Have a look into the config.log file; it will tell you more about
> why configure thinks it cannot find/use libkpathsea. Look for a line
>
> configure:2942: checking for kpse_set_progname in -lkpathsea
>
> and then watch what comes afterwards.
>
> --
> Martin

Thank you for this hint (I'm so new to this that I didn't realize
that the config.log was sitting there.) This is very illuminating. I
am using Mac Intel and it appears that libkpathsea.a is referencing a
ppc.  Do I need another libkpathsea.a for the intel Mac? I just
finished looking at the web and saw that this same type of error
occurred on May 4 in a post by Joseph Slater.  I couldn't quite make
out what the final outcome was. I will look into an update since I
installed in March. Thanks again.

configure:2942: checking for kpse_set_progname in -lkpathsea
configure:2972: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/usr/local/teTeX/include/
kpathsea -L/usr/local/teTeX/lib conftest.c -lkpathsea  -lgd -lpng -lz
-lm  >&5
/usr/bin/ld: warning /usr/local/teTeX/lib/libkpathsea.a archive's
cputype (18, architecture ppc) does not match cputype (7) for
specified -arch flag: i386 (can't load from it)
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_kpse_set_progname
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:2978: $? = 1