[OS X TeX] TexShop engines make me crazy

Stefan Walsen stefan at walsen.net
Mon Aug 7 10:25:06 CEST 2006

Matthieu,

On 7. Aug 2006, at 6:15 Uhr, Matthieu Masquelet wrote:
> I'm actually not trying to do the latex+dvips+gs, that's what I
> used to do but I want directly pdftex now...

"simpdftex" is a script from gerben's distribution that simulates
pdftex (using the latex+dvips+gs route). just use "pdflatex ${fbName}".

> set fbName = `basename "$1" .tex`
> set fbName2 = `basename "$1" .gls`

i don't think the second call does what you intend to do:
the first strips off the path leading to the file as well as the
".tex" extension, if present.
i guess you want to *add* ".gls" to what you have as "fbName", so you
could use

set fbName2 = ${fbName}.gls

or something like that.

regards,