[OS X TeX] Texshop with true PS Times fonts

André Bellaïche abellaic at math.jussieu.fr
Thu Aug 3 22:18:37 CEST 2006

Le 3 août 06 à 21:01, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> Am 03.08.2006 um 20:19 schrieb André Bellaïche:
>

>> texmf.tetex/fonts/enc/dvips/psnfss/8r.enc}</usr/local/teTeX/share/
>> texmf.tetex/f
>> onts/type1/urw/times/utmri8a.pfb></usr/local/teTeX/share/
>> texmf.tetex/fonts/type
>> 1/urw/times/utmr8a.pfb>
>
> You are using the urw++ substitutes. If you have the real fonts you
> can switch to them and use micro-typography, otherwise this won't
> work. To switch to the real ones you can either run i-Installer
> again in "Configure Only" mode or invoke on the command line one of
> these two:
>
> 	sudo -H updmap --showoptions LW35 ADOBEkb
> 	sudo -H updmap --showoptions LW35 ADOBE
>
> kb stands for Karl Berry and his fontname scheme. (You are using
> URWkb, the fourth option is URW.)

When trying updmap, I get

updmap: updmap: unknown option `ADOBEkb'. Try updmap --help for help.
updmap: updmap: unknown option `ADOBE'. Try updmap --help for help.

I have also tried to run i-installer. But as well with "Configure
Only" as with "Install & Configure", I get the following error message :

"The remote package is newer. Press Cancel to cancel the current
action (updating is currently not possible: read-only package, locked
package or network access turned off) or press Ignore to try to go
ahead anyway (not recommended)."

I cannot understand this message, since: 1) network access is on (you
got this message); 2) the owner of the /usr directory is system,
which has the rights of reading and writing; 3) all other users
belong to admin, and have the same rights; 4) all the access rights
are valid for all the elements included in /usr; 5) the preferences
of i-installer have been reset to default.

What should I do ?

Andre