[OS X TeX] source2e.(tex|pdf)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Apr 26 11:30:47 CEST 2006

Le 26 avr. 06 à 11:04, Martin Buchmann a écrit :

> I was just wondering why I can't find source2e.tex (the
> documentation of the LaTeX2e kernel). If have installed TeX using i-
> Installer. AFAIK it should be in [/usr/local/teTeX/share]/texmf/
> source/latex/base/ but isn't. In some Linux distributions there is
> a package called tetex-src which is sometimes omitted altough it
> has to be installed according to the LPPL if I understood it
> correctly.
>
> Is this the case for the i-package too?

The source code for LaTeX and its packages as well as for their
documentation (all the .dtx files etc.) isn't included. This is
because gwTeX is based on TeXLive for the binaries and teTeX for all
the TeX support files (including LaTeX etc.), and teTeX doesn't
include these source files (for space considerations).

I doubt Thomas Esser (the "te" in teTeX) would have done this if this
wasn't compliant with the LPPL.

The source code can be downloaded from CTAN at will.