[OS X TeX] fonts into ~/texmf or into /texmf?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Apr 23 00:33:37 CEST 2006

Am 22.04.2006 um 21:42 schrieb Rechtsanwalt Friedrich Vosberg:

> Should I or must I or should I not or must I not install new font
> files into ~/texmf/... or into /texmf/...?

You're free to install as a privileged man in

	/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/
	                                         afm
	                                         enc
	                                         tfm
	                                         truetype
	                                         type1
	                                         vf

needing to invoke 'sudo texhash' or directly as a simple user in

	~/Library/texmf/fonts/
	                      afm
	                      enc
	                      tfm
	                      truetype
	                      type1
	                      vf

In changing texmf.cnf you can find other places, too.

BTW, why can't you write what you mean? Or can't you learn that it's
~/Library/texmf or /Library/texmf? At court you probably won't say
"1234" but rather "§ 1234 StGB" or such things.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Der Unterschied zwischen Theorie und Praxis ist in
Praxis meist größer als in der Theorie