[OS X TeX] Re:batch file renaming

Matthias Steffens mat at extracts.de
Wed Apr 19 13:38:46 CEST 2006

Hi Themis,

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 22:34:57 -0400 Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> I want to rename a bunch of files from foo.EPS to foo.eps, so that I
> can open them in TeXShop and save them as pdf. What's a quick way to
> do it?

Here's another option to all the previous suggestions:

I've written a little shell script that allows to batch rename files &
directories by use of perl-style regular expressions. If you're familiar
with regular expressions then this may be a powerful option to rename
your files. It's available here:

 <http://grep.extracts.de/greprename/>

The regex capabilities allow for some nifty features such as case
transformations, re-arranging of substrings (e.g. to re-order date tags
from '19.04.2006' to '2006-04-19'), string formatting and
auto-numbering. It also writes all performed actions to a log file which
might be used to revert any erroneous renaming action.

HTH, Matthias

Matthias Steffens     mat at extracts.de
       http://www.extracts.de