[OS X TeX] Postponed display

Morten Høgholm morten.hoegholm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 23:53:31 CEST 2006

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 22:24:55 +0200, Alain Schremmer
<Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com> wrote:

> Morten Høgholm wrote:
>
>> Indeedy. But afterpage is actually in the tools bundle,
> What is this?

The LaTeX distribution consists of four directories:
   "base" with the format itself plus ifthen, inputenc, fontenc and a few
others.
   "graphics" with color and graphics support
   "cyrillic"
   "tools" various packages where the common denominator is that they are
maintained by members of the LaTeX Team.

You can find these directories in your installation under /tex/latex.

There are other required parts of LaTeX but these are maintained by
others, i.e., not the LaTeX Team itself although the babel package is
maintained by a member of the LaTeX Team. See
<http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/macros/latex/required/> for more.

>> so... Lots of
>> good stuff there! :-) And more to come this week I hope.
>>
> Where?

It'll be released on ctan at the aforementioned location. I know Gerben
made the beta version available in the experimental i-package so perhaps
he'll update the regular i-package once we get the release out? There are
quite a few improvements in the new release, which is why the news issue
is more than one page long for the first time ever (I think). There are no
new packages in the tools bundle but some of the older ones like calc and
xspace has been given a revamp to enhance usability and the level of
robustness.
--
Morten,
the one you should complain to if calc and xspace doesn't work anymore...