[OS X TeX] White vs. Transparent?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Apr 2 20:45:10 CEST 2006

Am 02.04.2006 um 19:17 schrieb V. Yu. Shavrukov:

> The way I see it, there are no such things as "colours in the
> graphics file" (as long as we are talking untagged rgb or cmyk
> data, as has been the case in this discussion).

No, I wasn't talking about that. I was very simply assuming that the
green I've chosen has 25% red, 100% green, and 62.5% blue. Now my
display and my printer are asked to reproduce this correctly. In my
view my wish is device independent. In my view it's OK when these
values are stored uncommented, without tags. Why should my screen's
profile be stored in the file? Who is interested in this?

Apple's generic screen profiles are a fine service, from a company
that delivers the software and the hardware. Sun, IBM, and HP
probably deliver a similiar service. This is a situation I prefer
more than that with some BSD, Linux, or MS Windows on arbitrary
hardware -- what would that do with my profile?

And I still think that you need to know your printer paper's
profile, too.

--
Greetings

   Pete