[OS X TeX] avoid space when pasting in TeXShop

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sat Apr 1 00:00:30 CEST 2006

Le 31 mars 06 à 19:13, Adam R. Maxwell a écrit :

> Looks like it can be disabled with setSmartInsertDeleteEnabled:NO
> (but then you have an inconsistent user experience).

Do you mean this can be altered for all text-editing applications
using "defaults write setSmartInsertDeleteEnabled NO" somewhere at
the OS level?

I'd love to turn that "smart" feature off: it's really an annoyance,
when you know exactly what you want and what you're doing, to always
have to move backwards to remove spaces that may have been inserted
without your explicit asking. An extreme case is Word insistence on
making everything "smart" (so that it's very difficult, for instance,
to insert bullets without Word turning the following text into a list
item, or to insert a URL without Word turning it into a hyperlink),
but it's sad to see Apple succumbing to this hyp but annoying tendency.