[OS X TeX] hiding \index commands?

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Fri Sep 30 21:43:18 CEST 2005

We are writing two large texts that will eventually need to be
indexed. The problem we foresee is that the \index command that will
be inserted in hundreds or thousands of places will make the source
very hard to read. Do the so-called ``folding editors'' hide commands
like these? If so, is there any chance that we might see this feature
in a future version of TeXShop? In addition, are there any editors
that would allow one to ``hide'' \index commands?

Thanks for your help.

-- Gary