[OS X TeX] The MiKTeX Package Manager

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Thu Sep 29 16:46:40 CEST 2005

Since I'm no programmer, I can only second this post. Although
installing LaTeX packages by hand isn't magic, I've always envied
Windows users for the MikTeX Package manager and I'd love to see this
on the mac.

simon

On 29.09.2005, at 16:37, Jung-Tsung Shen wrote:

> The following message was digged out from the archive (before I
> subscribed this mailing list). I was a bit surprised that no one
> echoed the post. Among many other features, the Package Manager on
> MikTeX on Windows is one of the most desired features I would like to
> see on Mac.
>
> For those who don't use Windows, what the Package Manager of MikTeX
> does is that it automatically downloads packages from the internet,
> then extracts, and installs packages in your computer. Package Manager
> is triggered by either an explicit call using
> \usepackage[package_name], but the package with package_name is not
> installed; or, better yet, you don't even have to know the name of the
> package (so you didn't call it using \usepackage), if there is a
> command in your document that needs this package, then Package Manager
> is there fore you.
>
> JT

> Hi all,
>
> While we're all running regression tests on our wonderful Macs, I
> thought
> I'd also mention that the MiKTeX Package Manager has been ported to
> *nix
> and I have successfully installed it on my laptop. Now I'm not very
> good
> at programming, so I thought I'd just let the people who are better
> at it
> know in case they wanted to try it out and maybe think of a way to
> combine
> it with all the other nice programs we have.
>
> Much more information at <http://www.miktex.org>.
> --
> Morten

Simon Spiegel
Mutschellenstr. 97
8038 Zürich

Telephon: ++41 43 535 81 71
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"I'm not that easy to impress. – O, a blue car." Homer Simpson