[OS X TeX] Small italic caps & pxfonts?

Johan Almqvist johan at almqvist.net
Thu Sep 29 12:04:24 CEST 2005

Hello, list!

I am writing my thesis and have decided to typeset acronyms in small
caps, as this gives a smother general impression.

The only problem that arises from this is in my bibliography, because
I get journal names like IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering
and that would
be \textit{\textsc{IEEE} Transactions on Software Engineering} which
of course doesn't work, or else \textit{EEE Transactions on Software
Engineering} which looks, well not ugly but inconsistent.

How can I get an italic small caps font defined?

I am using pdflatex, memoir, natbib and pxfonts, and I am willing to
maniupulate the .bst file to get the correct output if I can just
produce a command that will give me the right font shape.

I've tried the web (Google et al) but to no avail, the descriptions
were either (it seems) too general or too specific.

Oh, my TeX installation is about 6 months old and is from Gerben's i-
Installer.

-Johan
--
Johan Almqvist