[OS X TeX] Newbie fuzzy pdf issues

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Sep 28 20:43:31 CEST 2005

On Sep 28, 2005, at 1:35 PM, Karl Merkley wrote:

> Correction I installed the FreeType 2 which I (perhaps incorrectly)
> assumed was the font set.  I followed the instructions for
> installing from http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/
> installing.html and installed each item in the specified order.
> The following is the set of packages that were installed.
>
>     *  FreeType 2
>     * libwmf
>     * Ghostscript 8
>     * ImageMagick
>     * FontForge
>     * TeX
>
> Here's where the newbie part shows up.  T1 encoding?!?  What's
> that?  The only place in TexShop that I see something related to
> encoding has reference to using Unicode fonts.
>
>   Karl

Howdy,

Figured I'd throw in the T1 encoding for good luck! Can you put up a
minimal example document with which the problem exists? How about the
contents of the .log file too; that will allow us to see what was
happening during processing. Does the problem persist if you add the
line

\usepackage{lmodern}

after the \documentclass{...} line?

just trying to isolate the problem.