[OS X TeX] Newbie fuzzy pdf issues

Karl Merkley karl at elemtech.com
Wed Sep 28 19:54:17 CEST 2005

I just downloaded and installed TexShop and (I think) teTeX using
Gerben Wierda's i-Installer.  Everything went quite smoothly and the
examples work.  However, when I look at the resulting pdf's the text
looks fuzzy.  It prints well but the preview just looks bad.   I have
EPS images so I am using the latex-ghostscript option.  I saw that the
digest covers some issues with OS X 10.4 but I am using Mac OS X
10.3.9.  I have seen results like this when the correct fonts were not
being used.  I did install the TrueType fonts but I don't know that
they are being used.

   TIA,
      Karl