[OS X TeX] epstopdf

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Sep 28 19:18:20 CEST 2005

On Wednesday, September 28, 2005, at 08:28AM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE> wrote:

>Am 28.09.2005 um 17:03 schrieb Alain Schremmer:
>
>>    But of course, I do resent having, in many cases, to use two steps
>>    "to use dates such as 28/09/2005 in file names." when I used to be
>>    able to do it in one.
>>

>Why do you want to use dates in some proprietary and ambiguous
>encoding?!

Just out of curiosity, why do you classify this as proprietary?  Don't tell me I need to license my date formats now...

>Isn't ISO 8601 enough for you too? 2005-09-28: isn't this really clear
>for everyone who learned to interpret Arabic numbers?

How is 2005/09/09 any less ambiguous than 2005-09-09?  Not to put words in Schremmer's mouth, but for my own files, it's more important to name them in a way that's meaningful to me, regardless of ISO.  This is the reason we have localized date settings.

Adam