[OS X TeX] epstopdf

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Sep 28 18:09:23 CEST 2005

Le 28 sept. 05 à 17:55, Kino a écrit :

> On 28 Sep 2005, at 16:10, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>> Calling idiosyncratic the use of spaces in file names, and more
>> generally of non-alphanumeric characters, strikes me as slightly
>> provocative.
>
> It should be possible to modify TeX/LaTeX so that it understands
> file names in UTF-8. Actually pTeX/pLaTeX -- Japanese localised TeX/
> LaTeX -- distributed by one of the three Japanese OS X TeX
> distributors does accept files names in UTF-8. I don't know how he
> achieved it though I did a beta testing, though ;-)
> <http://minakanusi.ns.musashi-tech.ac.jp/~inoue/Pages/TeX/
> input.filename.html> (in Japanese)

IIRC what I have read somewhere, the versions of TeX in the most
recent TeXLive have been modified to accept a syntax such as:

\input "file name for human beings".tex

To be double-checked, as it's really a vague memory and I'm not sure
at all.

I haven't checked, either, whether this implies that LaTeX file names
can now contain spaces. (Until now they couldn't, since LaTeXing a
file "test file".tex would create a file "test file".aux, which LaTeX
needed afterwards to be able to read using \input.)